- From the “Grand Théâtre” (the Opera), located close to the” Office du Tourisme “ , you’ll be at the best point to discover Bordeaux history and heritage.
- Wandering along the river Garonne, from the old “Pont de Pierre” to the brand new “Pont Chaban Delmas”, via the famous “Place des Quinconces” and its lovely fountain, with a special and refreshing stop at the “Miroir d’Eau” !
- Spending a few hours at the Musée d’Aquitaine, to understand Bordeaux acoss the centuries, from pre-history to millenium.
- And saving time for a few Arts Museums : Musée des Beaux Arts, Galerie des Beaux Arts, Musée d’Art Contemporain CAPC, Musée des arts Décoratifs
Knowing more about Bordeaux wines and vineyards
- La Cité du Vin , located in Bordeaux, to understand a few things about the wine culture all around the world
- Knowing more about teroirs : Entre Deux Mers, Médoc, Libournais, Sauternais, and dicovering famous wines : Petrus, Château Smith Haut-Laffite, Pape Clément, Cheval Blanc:
- Château Haut-Brion, Pessac Léognan
- Château Smith Haut-Laffite, Pessac Léognan
- Bordovino, a local wine tour operator, offering original wine experiences
- Bordeaux Wine Trip, another helpful wine tour operator
The beach is not so far !
Feeling like having a bath ? The Bassin d’Arcachon and the Atlantic Ocean will welcome you after a one hour trip by car or by train. You might taste oysters in a typical village along the Bassin d’Arcachon, such as Gujan Mestras, or climbing the famous and unique Dune du Pyla (photo), dreaming of a kind of desert lost between sea and forest .
- Le Grand Crohot
- Le Petit Nice
- La Lagune
Transport in Bordeaux
- From the Clos Labottière, you can move with bus and tramway :
- line 5N to go to Chartrons / Tourny / Gambetta
- line 6 9 or 29 to go to Quinconces (station of Tramway line B, which will drop you to the “Cité des Civilisations et du Vin” and Tamway line C towards the Bordeaux Saint-Jean Railway Station or The Bordeaux Exhibition Center)
- line 9 to go to Bordaeux Saint-Jean Railway Station Gare
- line 15 to go to The Bordeaux Exhibition Center)
- Vous You can also rent a bike to discover the city, thre is a public bike station quite near our house: more information on www.vcub.fr
- River Cruise will take you for a boat trip on the river Garonne, and why not for a dinner ?